If you want to join the global movement to shape your food environment for health and wealth then this book is for you. Sarah and Tracey show you how, through the application of practical behavioural science, promoting healthy choices can be profitable for your food business.
Introducing you to easy-to-implement and low-cost ideas from the latest research, they will help you to: nudge customers towards healthy choices by shaping how you present food; use clever marketing to drive demand for healthier foods; increase customer motivation to select your healthy food offer and come back for more. They also show you how to use tools such as taste suggestibility, menu design, choice architecture and reward schemes, as well as giving insight into the latest customer trends. This book is packed with ideas of how you can reinvigorate your food and drink offer, strengthen customer loyalty and bring in new customer segments whilst maintaining profits and improving margins through lower-cost ingredients and waste reduction.
Their handy checklist simplifies your decision as to which opportunities are relevant for your food environment, while real-world examples and case studies illustrate how these strategies work in a variety of contexts, from gastropubs to work canteens; primary schools to hotel buffets.
By purchasing from our website you automatically gain access to the FREE resources associated with this book. If you need to use a different email address to the one used to buy the book, use the access code sent to you following your purchase of this book to activate your membership to the Healthy Profits area of the website. Resources include:
• Healthy Profits checklist, also found in Chapter 7, to help you jot down your ideas as you read the book.
• Ideas and action plan template enabling you to create a bespoke plan for the application of the principles you select.
• The sensory environment: an exercise to capture your customers’ experience from their perspective.
• Reinvigorating your food and drink offer: an exercise to review and revise the choices you offer in your food environment.
• Why Healthy Profits? A PowerPoint presentation to explain the concepts to management colleagues and your team.
• Why Healthy Profits? A handout to explain the concepts and leave with management colleagues and your team to review.
Feel Good Family is a social enterprise dedicated to making it easier for us all to eat better food. For every book sold we will be making a donation to the Trussell Trust, which provides emergency food and support to people in crisis across the UK. Special discounts are available on quantity purchases by corporations, associations, and others. For more information send us a message via our contact page and we will get in touch.
You can also buy the ebook from Amazon. Feel Good Family is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. By clicking the Amazon link to our ebook on this page we will earn a small fee which will help us continue our work and help us fund the development of new resources. Thank you for your support!